Saturday, April 11, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 54 Picking at the Problem April 11, 2015

Happy Hoarder  Day # 54  Picking at the Problem April 11, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
--------------------------------------------------------       
                                                          Picking at the Problem
                                                                       by Janet S. Tiger  
                                                            (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                               tigerteam1@gmail.com
No photos today - too tired.  And too tired of beating myself up for picking at my mosquito bites!  How is this involved with hoarding?  It is one of the worst types of hoarding - a hoarded habit.  A hoarded bad habit.  Without any redeeming qualities whatsoever!

I started in my youth (no excuse, just background) and I still scratch, then as the scratching creates wounds, I pick at the scabs.  But this time, I may have gone a bit too far, and one of the wounds became infected - needing antibiotics, and worst of all, stopped me from my swimming!  (Not good for infected skin to be in jacuzzis and chlorinated pools)

But I have made a vow - I am letting go of the need to itch - and the next bite I get, I am going to sort through a box of my junk (or more if necessary!) until the itching goes away.  Even if it happens in the middle of the night, I will be vigilant - and not pick.

For those who know me, they know that giving away this favorite hobby is more difficult than discarding almost anything else.  So wish me luck - I hope this time, I have picked a better solution!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


No comments:

Post a Comment