Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 15 Once is Not Enough March 1, 2015

  Happy Hoarder  Day # 15 Once is Not Enough March 1, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    Once is Not Enough
                                 (with apologies to Jackie Susann)
                                                            by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com

The Amvets pick-up is tomorrow and I am both happy and sad.  Sad because I have less donation to put out than I had hoped for.....happy because, starting now, I will be having two pick-ups a week!  Because as we all know, when it comes to healing from clutter.....once is not enough.

And I am starting to get into some very odd areas - I have items that even I am considering may be too much to save.

Such as.....my collection of wishbones.  From chickens and a turkey or two.  Old brittle wishbones, saved from many, many dinners over the years.....I used to have them on my window sill, but now they are relegated to a drawer.  Why do I save them?  Can't you guess?  I save them .....just in case.

Just in case something comes up...... where I need a lot of extra luck.  The rationale behind this amazes even me.  But does that mean I can I throw them out?  (Insert laughter here - and guffaws from my family and close friends)

I try, but....not yet......maybe soon.  (And even then, I will have to snap their little bones first to get all the luck out - I didn't save them for nothing!)  But on another happy note, I am now recycling plastic bags - something I have saved, well, lots of, in the worry that one day they could become extinct.  Like dinosaurs.  Now I think of it, maybe it's a good thing I didn't live during the time of the dinosaurs.  Think of what the size of a Tyrannosaurus wishbone would be!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

1 comment:

  1. Good one. I got a chuckle out loud on the last line about the dinosaur wishbone.
    Keep going.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete