Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 40 The Junkmobile March 26, 2015

Happy Hoarder  Day # 40  The Junkmobile March 26, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
--------------------------------------------------------                 
                                                 
                                                      The Junkmobile
                                         by Janet S. Tiger  
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com


Once a lovely family minivan, now a junkmobile.  Instead of a large, expensive storage unit I now use my old, non-smoggable van as....a junk bunker.

It is sad, yet, after the clearing of my driveway (I see the light at the end of the tunnel on this, and it's not a train!) my next task will be emptying this hardworking van, and then selling it for scrap.

It costs much less than the storage units did - but they were free at first, like cocaine offered to a newbie in the addict market.  Then, after the first month, they charge....real money.  So I closed those down (I had two!) and brought the contents into my driveway, and into the van, which is parked in a lot nearby.

What possesses me to hold onto this stuff?  I fear I know the real, deep reason, even though I've been trying to face it for - is it 40 days?  Like Noah in the rain, I am sailing into uncharted territory for me - I am ....not as confident as I once was.  There it is.  The truth.  I worry about where I put things (what if I need something I can't find?) where I got things (why am I saving something for sentimental value if I can't remember who gave it to me?),  and worse, what to do if I have given something away...and I need it.

In my youth, I didn't worry about these things - I had confidence I could solve all problems.  And then life happened, and I found that, sometimes, I couldn't.  That's the scary part of life.  Much worse than anything else - not being able to fix something...for yourself...or the worst, for those you love.  I have to have the confidence that, whatever happens, I can handle it.....and if I can't, then I have to leave it in the hands of a higher power.

Confidence....from the Latin....con fideo....with faith......so maybe the idea of let go, let God, is just a bigger way...of letting go of all the stuff I no longer need.

Appropriate now, for a vehicle filled with junk....that cannot be driven away.    Please God, take the wheel, I'm letting go........


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


1 comment: