Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 24 Give It Up March 10, 2015

  Happy Hoarder  Day # 24  Give It Up March 10, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                       Give it Up
                                                             by Janet S. Tiger  
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com

What will I discard physically today?  I doubt if I can do more than go through a small box, as my splitting head is having trouble making the simplest of decisions.  The morning dawns and I have a hangover - but not from booze.

Have been unable to drink alcohol since I had chemotherapy 20 years ago (cancer, all gone, thank God!) so the problem was caused by.....coffee.  Yes, a mocha at Starbucks....after 3 pm.  Well after, late, it must have, oh, 7:30 pm!  And it tasted sooooo good.  But then, I was wired.  As you can see, it doesn't take much.

So I get three hours sleep - and not good sleep at that, and this morning, I feel like someone hit me with a brick.  (Not that I have anything to compare it too, luckily, I have never been hit with a brick, or anything that horrible, but IF I had ever been hit by a brick, I IMAGINE it would feel like this.

Thus I learn that, in the midst of de-cluttering, I have to abandon my illusions....that I am still 25.  And can no longer drink coffee late into the night (or even past the middle of the afternoon)

It is added to a list of many things I can no longer do - wear clothing from 40 years ago (even if it fits, my daughter looks better in it!), stay up late reading, remember anything beyond ten minutes ago, lift two tons of boxes of old books and not get muscle aches and, worst of all, justify holding on to the illusion I can.

So, to the piles of specific items of junk I now add my illusions of youth.  My, for such a small bit of letters on a page, it feels as if there is a whole world I am trying to get off my back.

And.....I don't really want to, because, sometimes, illusions are what carry easiest through the miring sands of time.  Not that they wear as well....maybe I need to let my daughter have them now......she looks so much better in them......




-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

1 comment: