Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 25 Losing It March 11, 2015

  Happy Hoarder  Day # 25 Losing It March 11, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                         Losing It
                                                             by Janet S. Tiger  
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com

I just looked back at the previous posts, and I talk about getting rid of my clutter in all the forms - to the garbage, giving it to Amvets.....but have not really thought much about another way.....losing it.

Since that is one of the greatest fears, the fear of the loss of the item, the actual loss is often really unnoticed.  Until I looked at the photos I found, they were lost.  Until I read an old letter from a dead friend, I had not thought of her in awhile. Lost.

And, then I just really lost it.   Not a physical thing, but....I lost IT.  Not because of the letter, but maybe that helped.  I cried over all the lost there is....and will be.  And although I have lost a tiny bit - I thought about all the people who have lost so much more.  In fires and floods, and horrible acts of war and nature.  Or losses worse than physical, the worst possible losses - the losses of those that are loved.

How do you go on?  I have always wondered, and yet people do.  Just like Adam and Eve figured out how to make it with Edenmart.   And how from the lost comes the newly found. 

So, some of the items I am holding onto - in the midst of the rest of the throwing out, I am saving letters from old friends.  Not photocopies, not scans, but the paper they touched when they wrote the notes, their DNA is still attached dimly, and, in moments of semi-sanity, I can touch them again.

Maybe.....I'm not losing it after all.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

1 comment:

  1. Very good. Seemed balanced between the schmaltz and the rational.

    ReplyDelete