Saturday, March 28, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 42 Yvil Yvonne and the Patio of Doom March 28, 2015

Happy Hoarder  Day # 42  Yvil Yvonne and the Patio of Doom March 28, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
-------------------------------------------------------- 
                
                                   Yvil Yvonne and the Patio of Doom
                             
                                         by Janet S. Tiger  
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com

At last, a day of success. See the photos?  Before...not so good..... and lots of throw away.  After photos tomorrow.  And following so many days of searching the multitudinous reasons for my hoarding, I get going for real de-hoarding with the help of dear friend Yvonne (AKA Evil Yvonne - see Day #7 now to be known as.....drumroll...... Yvil Yvonne!!!!)

She is not able to lift anything, nor can she do much physically (she has a very bad back) but she is able to do something much more effective....she can laugh me into action.  She gives me a look, and it can help push me over the edge, I mean help push me to put the item over the edge into the garbage.  The patio is frightful - lots of odds 'n ends, all indispensable of course - and the job also involves decisions of various magnitude.

A hard one - an old bookcase that was my son's as a little boy, complete with stickers on the side.  How can I part with this gem?  It is a part of his life.  He carries it to the Amvets giveaway pile, also laughing at me
.  (I love my son, but I am afraid he has no soul when it comes to sentimentality.)

The worst is finding a box of old children's books - the lid came off, and the tragedy is evident - rain has created a disaster.....to throw away moldy books makes me cry, yet Yvonne is able to save the day by pointing out she can take the non-moldy ones to her grandchildren.  I hold my suffering to a minimum......tearing up until Yvonne looks at me and says, 'Jan'.....she tilts her head and I am over it, since we break out into laughter.

We laugh until the job is almost done - and I can take a real break.  A chocolate break - I get rid of some excess chocolate floating around my house.  Rewards are sweet after a hard day!  Lemme at the rest....after a little more rest, I'll be ready.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


No comments:

Post a Comment