Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Hoarder Day # 22 Clutter Takes a Holiday March 8, 2015

Magic Tablecloth - now you see the clutter - now you don't!
  Happy Hoarder  Day # 22   March 8, 2015
 A journey into cleaning up a big pile of..... hoard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               Clutter Takes a Holiday              
                                          (Or...How to Use Tablecloths to an Extra Advantage)
                                                             by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com


The day dawns beautiful, Sunday.  I would like a second day of rest (yesterday was nice, only some chores!), but somehow, I feel guilty, so I scheme how to.....hide the clutter.


This is done using a time-honored method.  One I have designed myself, and plan to one day pitch to the Shark Tank people - it is cheap, easy, ubiquitous.  Yes, the subtitle might have given it away.  I plan to use.....tablecloths.  Like a magician - to hide the clutter!


Another ingenious idea!  To make it all go away!  Just like the magician, I depend on the lie.....there's nothing up my sleeve, in this box....behind those curtains, um, tablecloths.


Yet, somehow, they don't work for very long.  My hope that the clutter will disappear behind the material never happens.  So, maybe, I will spend a few minutes, to actually perform the magic necessary- I will get rid of some of the junk that is not really hidden that well behind the drapes of my ingenious idea.


My friend Yvonne  comes to help, but is upset that I only throw a few things out. She even makes me take a photo  of the paltry discards as I start.  But her help (and her laughing at me) encourage me to forgo the magic, and actually get rid of  some boxes, and donate other items.  Or maybe her friendship and help.....and her laughter is the magic.........



-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments:

Post a Comment